The official site of FExplorer
for Series 60 phones.
FExplorer V1.17 (May 1st,
* using the open function from the menu on a directory
enters into this directory.
* when entering in [processes] or [tasks] with the 'enter' key
(joystick), the menu is updated with only [back].
* when in [processes] or [tasks], the '*' go to the root and the
menu (option/exit) is now back.
* when using the up/down arrow to browse the files, if you use
the shift (pencil), the current file is automatically marked
* the editor has been re-written, it's now possible to edit a
text file and to save it back either in unicode or ascii.
* when applying attributes (hidden, read-only, ...) on a
directory, you can choose to apply the changes on the selected
directory only or the selected folder, subfolders and files.
* when changing attributes, a confirmation message is displayed
prior to apply the changes.
* the confirmation message before exiting FE is removed and
replace by a 'splashscreen' during the initialization time
(thanks to FT - Riccardo D. for the wonderfull design).
* shortcut '8' has been added to rename a file.
* it's now possible to choose with which installed application a
file must be open ('open with...' function), this new settings
is saved from one to another session of FExplorer, you can now
choose your favorite MP3 player !.
* when a file is in used by the OS (locked), it's now possible
to copy it.
* the setting files can now be placed everywhere (not only in
the directory of FExplorer) even in an other 'drive', this
allows to put FExplorer in EEPROM (for the siemens for example
* it's now possible to set (in the settings) a password to enter
in FExplorer, if this password is left blank, no password is
required to run FExplorer, this password can have a length of 20
characters but it's not encrypted.
* in the settings, it's now possible to choose if the system and
hidden files must be displayed or not (in one time).
* in the settings, it's now possible to choose between the 'true
icon' associated with a file or some built-in icons
(app/sounds/pictures), this increase drastically the display of
content of a directory when there are a lot of files.
* in some new phones (like the 6680,...) the icons (of the
files, tasks, processes ...) are not displayed correctly, this
is fixed (thanks to Panu V. /Nokia for his great help).
FExplorer V1.15 (November
- in a search, if a directory is found, the right key
enters into this folder.
- the full path of the files is displayed while browsing
the inbox, process and tasks.
- A check (with a message) is now performed before copying
or moving files to ensure there is free space enough on the
- in the 'tools menu', added a function to directly call
the bluetooth manager.
- added a progress dialog with the name of the file being
- in the hex viewer, the keys '3' and '9' can be used as
- in the hex viewer, when in full screen mode, the file is
displayed on 8 bytes, the ascii characters are displayed at
the top, line per line.
- in the hex viewer, with small files, corrected a bug to
avoid FE to panic and exit when going down 'too deeply' in
- added a function in the 'edit' menu to invert the
selection of the current directory - marked files and dir
become un-marked and un-marked become marked.
- it's now possible to mark folders (like the files) and
copy/cut/paste them with the files.
- added the latest phones in the phone type list
- added, in the 'tools' menu, an option to dump (into a
log file placed in the root) a list of *all* the installed
applications with their UID and their path; this file can
then be sended to the pc via bluetooth, infrared; the result
is something like this (06/29/2005) :
- when displaying the full path in the 'small scrolling
windows (key : )', the  key copies the full path and
filename into the clipboard to be used in the notepad, ....
- after a 'compress memory', the new -free memory- value
is displayed in the navigation pane (ie: the screen is
- fixed the bug to avoid to use 2 times the 'NO' key on
- the attributes of a file can now be modified.
- it's now possible to save the screenshots either in the
phone memory or in the MMC.
- like the processes, the currently running tasks can be
displayed, kill, ...
- this version was a beta with an expiration
Current Version 1.13
- added the lastest phones in the phone type list.
- suppress 'send by infrared' on N-Gage QD.
- the files taken from the screenshot are now
numbered 001, 002, ....
- Added a 'goto path' in the 'file find' panel.
- Access to files contained in the 'inbox'
from the root.
- Multiple files copy/paste/cut/delete is now
available (shortcut  in used in this case).
- A scrolling window can be display to show the
whole path and filename (shortcut  is used, scroll is done
with joystick left/right).
- You can now display the content of a file
with the build-in text viewer or in hexadecimal.
- this version was a beta with an expiration
- the screen shot is fixed for the Nokia 6600.
- the last search is saved for the next session.
- more infos have been added in the 'phone/info' menu.
- a new sub-menu has been added in the 'tools' menu to compress the memory (with the available memory
before and after the compression).
- shorcut '6' has been added to go to the top of the list
- a message is displayed when a screenshot is saved.
- added the time in the properties of the files and the
date and time in the properties of a directory.
- the number of the last screenshot is saved and continue
with the next version (to avoid overwrtting).
- the icons associated with the files (if so) are now
displayed in the list.
- you can now turn the infrared ON from the Tools menu.
- I have improved the quality factor of the images captured
with the screenshot, the image is now captured at
176 x 208 instead of 176 x 188.
- it's now possible to run the .EXE files (not only .APP,
ex: to run console applications).
- in full screen mode, the size (free/total) of the drives is
displayed at the top of the screen if activated.
- before exiting FE, the last directory is saved for the next
use if selected in the settings.
- the network info box displays also the area id and the cell
- when exiting the editor-viewer, the previous path is kept.
- it's now possible to delete read only files after a
- some shortcuts have been added :
<KeyPad 1> : copy
<KeyPad 3> : PageUp
<KeyPad 4> : cut
<KeyPad 7> : paste
<KeyPad 9> : PageDown
<KeyPad *> : go to root
<KeyPad #> : file properties
- added a menu : network information.
- in the 'file menu', it's now possible to set
a picture as an operator logo (last point of the menu);
jpg and gif are resized, bmp none.
- a 'settings menu' has been added that allows
to configure FExlp. (the settings are saved); you can set up
the color in lists, the display of the full path in full screen
mode the full screen mode.
- a confirmation dialog is showed before quitting
- the restart function has a confirmation message
- it's possible to edit (in fact view) the files
- the size of the files are displayed on each line
and the font is smaller to display more character.
Version 1.07 :
- the info-boxes of the drives and files properties
have been enhanced, also added the hidden,archive,r/o and system
attributes of the files and the 3 UID's.
- the restart function is, now, in a phone menu
which gives also the info about the phone (imei, firmware
version and date).
- in the cut/copy/paste system, a dialog box appears
in the paste command if the file already exists to confirms
- when asking for 'the properties' on a folder,
it gives the number of sub-folers and the number of files under
the current folder.
- when copying a file, the attributes (of the
destination) are reset (eg: R/O is off if the source was on);
this allows to copy files from the z: drive and delete them
- when renaming a file, the old filename is displayed
in the rename dialog box.
- when a 'search for files' is performed from
the root, the 'edit' menu is activated.
- 'enter' on a drive causes an enter on this drive
key' on a drive causes to display the properties box of this
Version 1.06 :
- browse thru the directories and delete/cut/copy/paste
- perform a 'search files' thru the directories
- Toggle to full screen to gain space (i.e. with
no upper pane)
- send files thru MMS, SMS, bluetooth, infrared
- create and delete directories
- see information (size, creation date..) of files
- view files with associated file viewer / player
- turn the light of the display always on or off
(great for the games)
- restart the phone to the initial state
- capture screens and save the images to a jpg