official site of FExplorer for Series 60 phones.
FExplorer V1.16 .........
* when using the up/down arrow to browse
the files, if you use the shift (pencil), the current file is
automatically marked (02/06/2007).
* the editor has been re-written, it's now
possible to edit a text file and to save it back either in
unicode or ascii.
* the confirmation message before exiting
FE is removed and replace by a 'splashscreen' during the
initialization time (thanks to FT - Riccardo D. for the
wonderfull design) (03/27/2006).
* shortcut '8' has been added to rename a
* it's now possible to choose with which
installed application a file must be open ('open with...'
function), this new settings is saved from one to another
session of FExplorer, you can now choose your favorite MP3
player ! (01/26/2006).
* when a file is in used by the OS (locked),
it's now possible to copy it (01/23/2006).
* the setting files can now be placed
everywhere (not only in the directory of FExplorer) even in an
other 'drive', this allows to put FExplorer in EEPROM (for the
siemens for example ...) (01/07/2006).
* it's now possible to set (in the
settings) a password to enter in FExplorer, if this password is
left blank, no password is required to run FExplorer, this
password can have a length of 20 characters but it's not
* in the settings, it's now possible to choose
if the system and hidden files must be displayed or not (in one
* in the settings, it's now possible to choose between the 'true
icon' associated with a file or some built-in icons (app/sounds/pictures), this
increase drastically the display of content of a directory when
there are a lot of files (12/06/2005).
* in some new phones (like the 6680,...)
the icons (of the files, tasks, processes ...) are not displayed
correctly, this is fixed (thanks to Panu V. /Nokia for his great
soon : FExplorer Professional ...