www.gosymbian.com Forum Index
the official site of FExplorer for Series 60 phones

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why don't you distribute signed FExplorer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.gosymbian.com Forum Index -> FExplorer BETA 1.18 (for 3rd Edition)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladiko

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yours is much cooler!!! but enough of complimenting each other... Wink
better place the link in the main menu of your homepage, please Razz
maybe on the section "other" ? your page, your decision Smile

so new download location is www.gosymbian.com
sas67

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: auto signsis.bat MS DOS batch file Reply with quote

hi all,hope you can help me out.i used the step by step guide to signing.got 2 step 11,i opened above file with notepad,entered my signed .cer file,and clicked save as instructed.then i double click the .bat file but it flashes onscreen then disappears almost immediately.it doesnt appear to make new folder called fexplorer_signed.sis.is it a faulty .bat file?(i clicked link to d/l ll files needed).could you please help me?thankyou in advance
ladiko

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to use the download from the bottom of http://www.gosymbian.com/SSIS_download.html

this program should be more intuitive.

you only have to select your cer-file, key-file and file that should be signed and input your key (f.e. 0123456) and thats it.

or if you wanna use the bat-file please post the content of your bat-file.

what is the "above file" ? i guess you mean the bat-file?

the best and easiest way is if the bat- the key- the cer- and the fexplorer_unsigned.sis-file are all in the same folder so you dont have to use pathes in the bat-file.

try to add an additional line to the bat-file in this way:
Code:
signsis FExplorer.sis FExplorer_signed.sis xxxxxx.cer sultan.key 0123456
pause
so the command line window doesnt close and you could see and maybe post the given error message. to copy the message, first right click into the window and select "mark" and mark the whole text and then press "return" on your keyboard to copy the text and paste it here if you get it.
skatebiker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Why does beta expire ? Reply with quote

The FExplorer 1.16β is renewed every 2 months with the same version: That means the cumbersome signing and reinstalling of the tool.

Why don't you provide a signed version which does not expire ?

Moreover I triied the GUI sign tool but it was not able to install :

After extracting signsis.key this prompt occurs:

Windows cannot access the specified device, file, ...

And AVG virus scanner detects a Trojan Horse Generic4.IRO in SignSIS-GUI.exe and DevCertRequestControl.exe.
Setter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Why does beta expire ? Reply with quote

skatebiker wrote:
The FExplorer 1.16β is renewed every 2 months with the same version: That means the cumbersome signing and reinstalling of the tool.

Why don't you provide a signed version which does not expire ?

Moreover I triied the GUI sign tool but it was not able to install :

After extracting signsis.key this prompt occurs:

Windows cannot access the specified device, file, ...

And AVG virus scanner detects a Trojan Horse Generic4.IRO in SignSIS-GUI.exe and DevCertRequestControl.exe.

Why not try to read a little more in yhe forum before you write about things that have been explained before? Have you e.g. read the first page in this thread?
skatebiker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Why does beta expire ? Reply with quote

Setter wrote:

Why not try to read a little more in yhe forum before you write about things that have been explained before? Have you e.g. read the first page in this thread?

I have read this: statements like 'Nokia does not accept signing' seem a little strange as all other 3rd party applications for s60v3 *are* signed and have no expiry, including beta products.
Setter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Why does beta expire ? Reply with quote

skatebiker wrote:

I have read this: statements like 'Nokia does not accept signing' seem a little strange as all other 3rd party applications for s60v3 *are* signed and have no expiry, including beta products.

Thatīs because all other 3rd party applications doesnīt give the user the same possibilities to go inside the system as FE does, or perhaps we shall say that FE does in 2ed, since Nokia are not willing to allow any 3rd party application to do that. Thats why they are not willing to cooperate with Domi.
ladiko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

other file manager are commercial so the developer have to pay for the signing - nokia likes enterprises that pay for it Wink but nokia also offer free signing for freeware and maybe they dont want a freeware that can do this?!?
Setter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But now they have closed this door at www.symbiansigned.com as far as I know. This is what they say at their web page.

Developer Certificates are provided for testing purposes only and not for distribution purposes. This is clearly stated in the terms and conditions signed up to by all users. If you require Developer Certificates for testing an application you are developing please send an email with the following information to symbiansigned@symbian.com
Subject: Developer Certificate enable request:
User name
First Name Last Name
Application Name
Application Version
Company Name
Company Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.gosymbian.com Forum Index -> FExplorer BETA 1.18 (for 3rd Edition) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: