www.gosymbian.com Forum Index
the official site of FExplorer for Series 60 phones

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SIS file corrupt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.gosymbian.com Forum Index -> FExplorer BETA 1.18 (for 1st edition)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashfaq.ghori

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: SIS file corrupt Reply with quote

Hi,

I tried to download FExplorer 1.18 version.
The file size is 118 KB (121,415 bytes).

When I try to sign it with my developer certificate I get an error "SISfile error, FExplorer_english_118b.SIS is not a SIS file."

Also previous release (1.16) had a size of 450 KB. Hence I suspect that the sis file is corrupt

Please republish the SIS file again.

Just for reference the file I got: http://ashfaq.ghori.googlepages.com/FExplorer_english_118b.SIS

Thanks in advance.
Ashfaq Ghori
Sr. Software Engineer - India
ashfaq.ghori

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: SIS file Corrupt Reply with quote

I think the version is not compatible with 3rd edition.

If so, I would suggest admin to kindly add a note about version of SDK supported. by the FExplorer.

Ashfaq Ghori
Sr. Software Engineer - India
Domi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, this beta is *ONLY* for S60 1st and 2nd edition, therefore, no need to sign it !! (only the third edition need the signing process...)

Regards,
Domi.

PS: this section of the forum is not dedicated to the 3rd edition.
Kill Me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for a "Sr. Software Engineer" ur kind a dumb on mobile software... Wink

Domi why keep interested on an almost dead tecnology?? The previous fexplorer's for S60 are good enough, a decent S60v3 version is what we need Razz

eheh, thx anyway
Setter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill Me wrote:

Domi why keep interested on an almost dead tecnology?? The previous fexplorer's for S60 are good enough, a decent S60v3 version is what we need Razz

eheh, thx anyway

No, you can always improve softwares and I think that Domi do this also to learn more about the system him self. I still have my 6670 2ed running, why should I get rid of that when I bought my N95? Normally I have 2 or 3 phones at the same time so I will have use for good softwares for the 2ed for several more years.

Of course we wait for a new version for the 3ed but I am sure that Domi can work on both versions Laughing
Domi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kill Me", I think about the thousands (or millions ...) of users who still have a 1st or 2nd edition and have not enough money to buy a 3rd edition ..., but for the next version (beta and final), I plan to produce the version for the 2nd edition only (I stop the dev for the 1st ed.); this will give me the opportunity to introduce the zip method ...
For the 3rd edition, I'm a little bit "blocked" to the limitation introduced with the f.c.ed security ...

Domi.
atfaniqbal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Hi!!!! Reply with quote

Will There be New Beta v1.18 with Xtended Expiration For S60v1 Series.
Please Add a new Beta version for S60v1...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.gosymbian.com Forum Index -> FExplorer BETA 1.18 (for 1st edition) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: