www.gosymbian.com Forum Index
the official site of FExplorer for Series 60 phones

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wish list (DOMI: please, post here *ONLY* your wishes ...)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.gosymbian.com Forum Index -> XXL Screen Saver (general section)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: wish list (DOMI: please, post here *ONLY* your wishes ...) Reply with quote

1. Wish it was bigger... There's still space on my 6680 screen to have the clock bigger, let's say a 50% more. I used Autolock before and it was way bigger!

2. I think battery saving is VERY important, so why update the screen every 20 sec? since we have no second hand, it can be updated every 60 sec, can't it? The missed calls and messages will always be displayed, since the phone switches off the screensaver when there's an incoming call.

3. a BIG wish: keep it simple, so it doesn't waste memory. Most of all I like the fact it substitues the original screen saver. Autolock didn't and it was very slow when unlocking keys or answering calls. Just put in the digital clock, the date and the key lock icon, and I'd be happy. Very Happy
Domi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tiger,

first of all, thanks for your post and request.
May I ask you to be a little bit patient, all of your wishes will be solved in a future version in which you will be able to get the control on all of the parameters (look with size, duration, what you want to be displayed ....) we are only at version 1.02 ...

Thanks !
tigers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll hold my horses. Just remember: light, easy and battery saving! Very Happy

Keep up the good work!
Domi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one thing Tigers ...

It's a screen saver and not a battery saver therefore the purpose of that is to stay (for a picture or something else) as SHORT AS POSSIBLE at the same place to preserve pixels ... thus I thing that staying at the same place for 60 seconds is too long ....
tigers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't think about that Embarassed
I just focused on the watch thing.
Domi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy no prob !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done great screen saver much better than the Nokia, clock size is right for me, however wifey wants the date on hers, keep up the good work.....bryfly
Setter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
well done great screen saver much better than the Nokia, clock size is right for me, however wifey wants the date on hers, keep up the good work.....bryfly

There we have the big difference between a man and a women. A man need to know the time exactly, whenever he looks at the phone. For a women it is enough if she know that it is the right day Wink
classless

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Domi wrote:
Just one thing Tigers ...

It's a screen saver and not a battery saver therefore the purpose of that is to stay (for a picture or something else) as SHORT AS POSSIBLE at the same place to preserve pixels ... thus I thing that staying at the same place for 60 seconds is too long ....

as far as i know the screen'saver' was originaly developed for OLD CRT monitors... LCD monitors don't have this problem (degrating pixels if a picture stays too long in the same place), not even new CRT monitors. so IMHO the screensavers in thees days are only for the pleasure of our eyes or in this case for their functionality.
if i'm wrong please correct me.... Smile
kers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: the great big clock Reply with quote

hey domi...
the clock itself looks great to me...the added envelope and phone icons are great...but i agree with the above posts that we need the keylock icon to know if your phone is keylocked or not...and in my opinion, a 'silent' icon too to remind you if you've put your phone on silent...
there's a feature on my 6230 (series 40) phone that i like...when there's no signal/no service available, the screensaver automatically disappears...very useful...
just more wishes for the wishlist... Very Happy
kers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep up the great work domi!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

classless wrote:

as far as i know the screen'saver' was originaly developed for OLD CRT monitors... LCD monitors don't have this problem (degrating pixels if a picture stays too long in the same place), not even new CRT monitors. so IMHO the screensavers in thees days are only for the pleasure of our eyes or in this case for their functionality.
if i'm wrong please correct me.... Smile

Hi,
I could agree with you about LCD, classless, but in this case, which is the reason to have a screensaver at all? Why not just leave the normal phone screen on? The phone screen always keeps running anyway!

BTW, great work Domi! Many thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok since this post is about "Wish List"

1. i wish to have the date in DDMMYYYY format
2. the digital clock has to be much bigger than the default built in
3. pls show the number of miss call and sms

thank you
antech

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battery and signal indicators?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I wish to resize the Clock analog and digital!
Because I wish it 20% bigger!

Ive tried it with editing the .mbm (rescaling 20%) but that results only broken image when the saver gets active.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.gosymbian.com Forum Index -> XXL Screen Saver (general section) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: