www.gosymbian.com Forum Index
the official site of FExplorer for Series 60 phones

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOW TO SIGN FExplorer (3rd edition) ** NEW PROCEDURE **
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.gosymbian.com Forum Index -> FExplorer BETA 1.18 (for 3rd Edition)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Domi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: HOW TO SIGN FExplorer (3rd edition) ** NEW PROCEDURE ** Reply with quote

PLEASE, read this tutorial carefully, it works at 100% !, due to lack of time, I can't help you more, so, don't send me an email regarding the signing process - sorry for this.

Step-to-step tutorial : HOW TO get a signed version of FExplorer

This tuto has been updated on 03/18/2008 to reflect the changes of symbiansigned.com

FExplorer has been compiled with an UID in test range : 0xE00012DF ; if for some reason, you need another one, let me know.

Here is the signing process :

1) Download FExplorer (unsigned) and save it somewhere on your disk

2) Go to https://www.symbiansigned.com and clic on [Open Sign Onlne] (1)

3) Fill all the fields as they appear on the picture :
a- enter the imei of your phone (i.e. the phone where FExplorer will be installed); if you don't know your imei, just type *#06# and confirm with the [green key] - just like making a phone call ...
b- enter your email address (it's for the confirmation of your request and to get the link with the signed file).
c- don't forget to check all the boxes under the "Capability information" !!.
d- re-type the security code and check the licence agreement (after you have read it, of course !)
e- finally, clic on the [send] button and wait until you receive something into your mailing box ...

4) after a few minutes, you should have recived like this into your mailbox :

5) Whenever the email is received, clic on the link to confirm your request to sign a file.

6) after this second mail (a few minute later), you'll be able to download FExplorer signed by clicing on the link in the email.

7) You will be prompt to save the signed file somewhere on your disk, accept the download.

8 ) Use the "Save as" command to save the file.

9) You can now transfer the signed FExplorer to your phone with bluetooth, Nokia PC Suite or whetever you want and enjoy browsing your phone !!! ...

PS: feel free to come back regularly on www.gosymbian.com to see the evolution of the version and to get the last one !

Sincerly,
bromse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did it like your discription but got the following error: "Application file is too large" why? you did it. why cant i?
Domi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bromse, I have checked the process once more from the download to the installation on my phone without problem !!

maybe, check it once more : problem with your download, at symbiansigned ....

Domi.
bromse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Domi wrote:
bromse, I have checked the process once more from the download to the installation on my phone without problem !!

maybe, check it once more : problem with your download, at symbiansigned ....

Domi.

hi domi, did it now 5 times and success. dont know why but... it works...
Domi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have no idea, I think this doesn't come from my app but from the signing process.

BTW : thanks for this post.

Domi.
figgypudding

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous, signing process worked like a charm.

Just like FExplorer Wink

Thanks. Very Happy
toddy271

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried about 10 times now but it keeps saying file size too large. Anyone else have this problem
blackrave

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toddy271 wrote:
I have tried about 10 times now but it keeps saying file size too large. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, when I once in a blue moon get the effin' dodgy security code right and when I don't get other "service not available at the moment" messages, it says the file size is too big. Confused

EDIT: I got it signed now, finally. Not sure if it was a temporary error at their side or if it was because I used a Norwegian email provider, mail.spray.no, instead of my Gmail one, which appears to be blocked from their other registration, but I'm happy. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it works. Thanks! Very Happy
Damien74

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a tip for you all out there.

There's a way to hack your phone (not all models, but N95 for example). And after this hack you are free to install any app without having to sign them.
I don't know if this forum has the instructions on how to hack your phone, if not you'll have to Google. Don't write to me Smile

I have done it and my phone is a lot more fun and actually faster than before.
Also it is a pretty safe and legal way to get more out of your phone over all.

Good luck. Razz
Liquid_Li0n

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to sign an other application and I use the same procedure as the FExplorer procedure which was a success, but now I get this error message:

FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account holder matching this email address (0x2000e09c 0x2000e09c 0xa4535732 )

I don't understate, what is wrong with my email address at once...
sky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's about time to add info about the VERY NEW PROCEDURE and most comfortable way to install unsigned S60 apps:

Get rid of Symbian's annoying restrictions! You just need to install an install server on the phone and run the fancy "HelloCarbide" program to patch the system.

More info I found here: http://symbianhack.site666.info/
yaqxsw

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: @ Domi Reply with quote

unfortunately it does not work. see error:
Code:
The .sis file contains capabilities that are not permitted for Open Signed (aaa)
FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account holder matching this email address (0xa00012df )

please give me some hints.
Peter Sulzer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: @ Domi Reply with quote

yaqxsw wrote:
FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account holder matching this email address (0xa00012df )[/code]
please give me some hints.
You can't sign version 1.18 with Open Signing no more, as now it's UID is no more in the test range, you need a DevCert (you can buy one) to sign it specifially for your device (your IMEI).
See the notes below the version 1.18 on the download page (Read this!!! Important). But ist should be possible to sign (with Open Signing) version 1.21 - unfortunately this version expires end of january 2009.
yaqxsw

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: @ peter Reply with quote

thank you!
ciprianionut

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: fexplorer 1.8 (15-07-2009) Reply with quote

Hello i read forum after forum ..topic after topic but nobody says exactly if fexplorer can be signed in this life..

My question is can be this version 1.18 signed or not ?
If the answer is not my second question is if can be possible in the future ?need the feplorer another working version ?
Is possible if i buy with money devcert this fexploer to make it work ?
I know is a freware but somebody says if i buy devcert after this can i signed..
Please if somebody know the corect answer say it here with total explication..
Thank you very much for your time and for your work for as.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.gosymbian.com Forum Index -> FExplorer BETA 1.18 (for 3rd Edition) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: