www.gosymbian.com Forum Index
the official site of FExplorer for Series 60 phones

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XXLScreensaver is great but some bugs with N70

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.gosymbian.com Forum Index -> XXL Screen Saver (general section)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: XXLScreensaver is great but some bugs with N70 Reply with quote

I installed the XXL Screensaver, loved the big digital clock fonts... the date is useful too but i wish that it could show the month too....

there's just one small bug when used with my N70... it seems that whichever theme i am using at that moment and i configure it to use GoSymbian.com as screensaver, it will lose the setting once the fone is switched off and on again or whenever i switch to another theme then back again... I would have to edit the theme again in those instances to use GoSymbian.com as screensaver
Domi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you cannot keep in mind the month during +/- 30 days ?? Laughing Laughing !!

I have no N70 ... can someone else using this phone can confirm this problem ? I suspect that this comes from the theme but I'm not sure .... ?

Idea Mister Nokia, if you could send me some phones (for free ...) to check my software, this could be great !!! Very Happy
codemonkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the theme switch problem on my 6670 & 7610. I only have to preview another theme and then cancel and 60 secs later (screen timeout), I get the date/time bar. I then run xxlconfig and reboot from there and all is well again. I never switch off my phone as the switch is soo stiff so I am not sure if it gets lost on hard boot - reboots are fine.

Regards,
Brian.
Domi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The XXL ScreenSaver installs itself over the themes, whenever you switch from 1 theme to another, the themes system resets its default (i.e. screen saver #1 which is the date and time), I can do nothing to solve that, it's not a bug in the XXL, maybe an enhancement of the theme system which doesn't save the actual screen saver (I haven't the source of the OS), but I don't think that anybody switches themes 3 or 4 times per hour ..., if you do that, reactive the XXL Screen Saver theme in the 'edit' current theme (this takes only 2 or 3 seconds ... it's not the end of world ....)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Domi wrote:
you cannot keep in mind the month during +/- 30 days ?? Laughing Laughing !!

I have no N70 ... can someone else using this phone can confirm this problem ? I suspect that this comes from the theme but I'm not sure .... ?

Idea Mister Nokia, if you could send me some phones (for free ...) to check my software, this could be great !!! Very Happy

thks, so it's not a bug... it's not the end of the world really...
i just like it to have the month, looks good

but gr8 app....

jus one thing add a # to the no. of sms or calls not picked up... it'd be a nice-to-have

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Domi

I think here is a bug on the Nokia N70:

When I get a SMS, the phone should go into the energysaver mode after 2 minutes. This works without a new sms fine. When i got a new sms, the light turns on after 2 minutes and a new 2 minutes turn starts. After the second time of two minutes the saver starts correctly. Do you know this phenomen?

And i have a question to the saver mode 2. Could the dark zone near the numbers be a problem for the screen? Is there probably a "burning in" problem? I only ask because of the "burning in" on the Nokia 8800.

Your
Aviator Cool Wink
chris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
@Domi

I think here is a bug on the Nokia N70:

When I get a SMS, the phone should go into the energysaver mode after 2 minutes. This works without a new sms fine. When i got a new sms, the light turns on after 2 minutes and a new 2 minutes turn starts. After the second time of two minutes the saver starts correctly. Do you know this phenomen?

I have this problem on my 6681 as well and told it to Domi a few weeks ago. He said he will check it!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He said he will check it!

Oh, thank you. I hope he will solve the problem. Wink [/list]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the same new message 1st time saver failure on my 6670 so it looks like it is affecting quite a few different handsets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.gosymbian.com Forum Index -> XXL Screen Saver (general section) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: